Important Notice: New Application Fees
All visa applicants must pay the fee amounts in effect on the day they pay, with the exception of Immigrant Visa application processing fees paid domestically to the National Visa Center (NVC), which will be effective as of the date of billing.
Fees that will decrease are not refundable. If you paid a visa fee before September 12, 2014 and that fee decreased, we cannot give you a refund.
Fees that will increase (nonimmigrant fees only): Visa fees paid will be accepted 90 days after the new fees go into effect, as follows:
- If you paid your visa fee before September 12, 2014, and your visa interview is on or before December 11, 2014, you do not have to pay the difference between the new and old fee amounts.
- If you paid your visa fee before September 12, 2014, and your visa interview is on or after December 12, 2014, you will be required to pay the difference between the old and new fee amounts – no exceptions
Welcome to the Nonimmigrant Visa Unit of the U.S. Embassy in Amman.
We provide visa services to Jordanians and citizens and citizens of other countries who reside in Jordan and wish to enter the United States temporarily for business, study, or pleasure.
Please go to www.ustraveldocs.com to apply for a visa and make an appointment.
To Contact Us:
- Jordan: +962-6-579-9560
- U.S.: 1-703-520-2242
Please find below some useful links:
- Customer Service Statement.
- Visa Types for Temporary Visitors.
- Typical Wait Times for an Appointment.
- U.S. Embassy Amman Holidays.
- Consular Fees and Reciprocity Tables: Some visas require the payment of an additional fee, depending on the visa category and your nationality. These fees are in addition to the Machine Readable Visa fee payable at Cairo Amman Bank.
- Visa Information for Temporary Visitors.
- U.S. Visa Policy Updates.
- Visa Waiver Program Information.
- Rights and Protections for Certain Employment and Education-based Nonimmigrant Visa Applicants.
- U.S. Department of State Travel Informatio.
Important Notice Regarding Courier Service to and from Syria
- SkyNet Worldwide Express Service IS currently available between Syria and Jordan.
- Please continue to check this website for updated information on courier service to and from Syria.
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.
The U.S. Embassy in Amman is currently undergoing renovation. This project should not disrupt any of our Consular services or normal operations. All instructions regarding entry to the Embassy for our consular services remain the same. Thank you for your patience and cooperation during this project.
Summer Work and Travel program is designed for foreign post-secondary students to enter the United States on a nonimmigrant visa to work and travel for a maximum of four months during their summer vacation. Last year over 250 Jordanian students received Summer Work and Travel visas. More information.
Scheduling an Immigrant Visa InterviewFollow these instructions to schedule your Immigrant Visa interview online: How to Schedule an Immigrant Visa Interview (PDF 2.36 MB).