Online Nonimmigrant Electronic Visa Application DS-160
Important Note: If the application is incomplete or inaccurate, you will be required to reschedule your appointment and complete the application. Therefore, ensure that the DS-160 application is accurately completed including Travel History and Education. You may complete the DS-160 by navigating to the link on this page or through www.ustraveldocs.com.
The DS-160 is a fully integrated online application form that is used to collect the necessary application information from persons seeking a nonimmigrant visa. The DS-160 is submitted electronically to the post where the applicant will apply for the visa via the Internet. Consular Officers will use the information entered on the DS-160 to process the visa application and, combined with a personal interview, will determine an applicant’s eligibility for a nonimmigrant visa.
Before accessing the form, please note the following points:
- The site does experience intermittent connectivity issues. As you complete the form, save a copy onto your hard drive and ‘save’ often;
- Review the Department of State photo specifications before uploading the photograph. If your photo does not comply, it will be rejected;
- Select the correct location at which you will apply for the visa.
- Provide accurate and complete information in answer to the questions. You will be given an opportunity to review the information before submitting the form. If you submit a DS-160 that is inaccurate or incomplete, your application will be rejected;
- Select the correct visa category under "Purpose of Travel to the United States" in the "Travel Information Section" - the drop down list will appear in answer to the question" Are you the Principal Applicant". If you do not see your visa category, click on “Other” for further information.
- If asked the question “Have you attended any educational institutions other than an elementary school”, you should list all educational institutions you have attended since the age of 11.
- If asked the question “Have you traveled to any countries within the last five years?”, you should list all countries you have traveled to in the last five years.