Online Nonimmigrant Electronic Visa Application DS-160
Important Note: If the application is incomplete or inaccurate, you will be required to reschedule your appointment and complete the application. Therefore, ensure that the DS-160 application is accurately completed including Travel History and Education. You may complete the DS-160 by navigating to the link on this page or through www.ustraveldocs.com.
The DS-160 is a fully integrated online application form that is used to collect the necessary application information from persons seeking a nonimmigrant visa. The DS-160 is submitted electronically to the post where the applicant will apply for the visa via the Internet. Consular Officers will use the information entered on the DS-160 to process the visa application and, combined with a personal interview, will determine an applicant’s eligibility for a nonimmigrant visa.
Before accessing the form, please note the following points:
- The site does experience intermittent connectivity issues. As you complete the form, save a copy onto your hard drive and ‘save’ often;
- Review the Department of State photo specifications before uploading the photograph. If your photo does not comply, it will be rejected;
- Select the correct location at which you will apply for the visa.
- Provide accurate and complete information in answer to the questions. You will be given an opportunity to review the information before submitting the form. If you submit a DS-160 that is inaccurate or incomplete, your application will be rejected;
- Select the correct visa category under "Purpose of Travel to the United States" in the "Travel Information Section" - the drop down list will appear in answer to the question" Are you the Principal Applicant". If you do not see your visa category, click on “Other” for further information.
- If asked the question “Have you attended any educational institutions other than an elementary school”, you should list all educational institutions you have attended since the age of 11.
- If asked the question “Have you traveled to any countries within the last five years?”, you should list all countries you have traveled to in the last five years.
Information on Visas and U.S. Citizen Services Now Available on TwitterFollow us at @USConsulJO for official information on visas and U.S. citizen services direct from the consuls at the U.S. Embassy in Amman. Questions welcome! Send them to us with the hashtag #AskTheConsul.
Passport Pickup InstructionsFollow these instructions to register to pick-up your passport following the immigrant visa interview: How to Pick-up Your Passport (PDF 834 KB).