How to Apply
Interested applicants for this position must meet all the minimum requirements of the position applied and should submit the following or the application will not be considered:
- Complete Universal Application for Employment (DS-0174) (PDF 356 KB) and or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provide the same information as an OF-612; plus
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned, copy residency/work permit) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above
- Write the position number and title in subject line of email or on the top left side of the envelope
- US Embassy discourages applicant sending photograph.
Note: All ordinary resident applicants must be residing in the country and have the required work and/or residency permits to be eligible for consideration. Applicants must be eligible for employment under host government laws and regulations.
When equally qualified, US Citizen Eligible Family Members (EFMs) and U.S.Veterans will be given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate address the required qualifications above in the application.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed US Citizen EFMs who hold a FMA appointment are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- (As required): The candidate must be able to obtain and hold a level II (for FSN) security clearance.
- Applicants who are not Jordanians must have a visa status which authorizes employment in Jordan and must be submitted at the time of application.
Submit Application To:
Human Resources Office Attention:
Abdoun, Al-Umawyeen St.
Amman – Jordan,
U.S. Embassy, Human Resources Office,
PO. Box 354, Amman, Jordan 11118
Or E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.